Tuesday, May 31, 2005

Just Listen

A very suddenly phonecall, from a very unexpected person.

It's been proven time and time again that the people who appear the most successful and the most happy are actually the saddest people on earth, especially if they have no one to turn to. It saddens me the way things are.

Reminds me of this poem from the 12 simple secrets of happiness.
When I ask you to listen to me
and you start giving me advice,
you have not done what I asked.

When I ask you to listen to me
and you tell me I shouldn't be feeling that way,
you are trampling on my feelings.

When I ask you to listen to me
and you try to solve my problems
you have failed me.

Listen! All I asked was
that you listen
not talk to or do -
just hear me.

Advice is cheap;
the price of a newspaper will get you both
Dear Abby and Billy Graham

I can do for myself; I'm not helpless
Maybe discouraged and faultering
but not helpless.

So please listen and just hear me.
And if you want to talk,
wait a minute for you turn
and I'll listen to you.

More frequently than ever, I'm being asked the age-old question about what I'm going to study, what I'll be when i grow up, when are my plans for the future, how my life will be like. And for the last time I'm telling all of you. I don't know.

But I'll survive.

1 Comments:

Blogger plhu said...

well, you can't really blame people for asking because you either have plans for the future or you don't. So there's a 50% chance of askers getting it right anyway. hm. instead of asking "what do you want to study", a more logical first question would be "have you decided what to do"

9:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home