Friday, June 03, 2005

Pinch Me

There was a joke that my cousin told my brother when he was five years old. The joke went, "Fat and FatFat and PinchMe were in a boat. Fat and FatFat fell out. Who was left?" And my brother said, "Pinch Me." and my cousin pinched him. So when my brother got home he told my mother he was going to tell her a joke, and he said, "Fat and FatFat were in a boat. Fat and FatFat fell out. Who was left?" My mother said, "Nobody." My brother repeated the joke, and when my mother said "Nobody" a second time, my brother kicked her.

Twenty years went by.. I was always older than my brother, and my mother still talks about my brother's fury at her incorrect response. But little did she know that all he wanted was to relate to her what had been done to him.

- One of the more innocent bits from Slaves of New York.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home