Sunday, June 26, 2005

Decapitated

It seemed like yesterday when I was oh so excited about going over to California. And then I realise that the holidays have ended and it seems like I've been trapped in a little time bubble.

Those 10 days were perhaps the best times I've had in VJ. It's really amazing how living and facing the same people for just 10 days everyday can make you grow so attached to each other. Spirits are still high and the fervour has not diminished although we are now placed back into our individual cages. All the withdrawal symtomps have set in (I've started making my own american breakfast) and the surprising volume of emails flying around each others mailboxes although the exams are near just speaks for itself, with all that ambitious talk about the unlimited possibilities like setting up a CCA to the stuff that is already being done like getting a board and a regular meeting place and tshirts and parties and the likes...

Ironic as it sounds, this is exactly how I imagined council to be.

So I've forsaken my blocks. Fmaths at least. Still trying to learn enough to pass the other 3 subjects. But somehow after returning from SV I can't care less this time round. The sacrifice was worth it, in return for the learning opportunity of a lifetime. I'm quite sure we can all catch up on our academia, or that's what I keep telling myself hm.

As someone put it so aptly, we now have the spirit to study and not mug. Incidentally I was reading py's blog and it reminded me how learning concepts could be oh so fun.

"When someone tries to get close to her, she would distant herself away from him. Yet when he moves away from her, she wants to get him back to her side. Essentially, thats Lenz law. In layman's terms, when yu push the magnet close to the coil it results in a repelling effect. and when yu pull it away an attracting force is created."

And then we had the ideal BGR which was Newton's third law that when a boy loves a girl there is an equal and opposite attraction which made for such perfect romance.

And then there was alpha being the fish and gamma being the deadfish. And it did not just stop at physics I still remember our very own homologous series with all our nicknames/surnames being classified into groups and then there were the bio jokes too!

Those were the days.

Though these hols have been extraordinary too! Was consolidating my SV stuff and I realised my journal entries take up 4 MiccWord pages per day, font 11. Quite a great feat since I'm normally quite relaxed with the details.

Think I shall just stop here and salvage my maths as much as I can. Ta!

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh beta is the pregnant fish! as told to us by ms ning.

- plhu

9:41 PM  
Blogger goroosodfij3eome said...

Haha, sadly no one draws such amusing analogies anymore.
Haha Let's come up with new econs theories! :D:D hahaha
ok anyway good luck for block tests :) Although it'd be over for you by tomorrowwwww. :)

- sheralyn

5:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home